Re: Reproducible crash under 2.1.86 [solved and fixed]

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:21:41 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> As in called when they shouldnt be perhaps by two DMA drivers fighting over
> the DMA controller when they should not
>
> > Should I replace my motherboard again?
>
> If your disks are set to not use DMA does your board hang ? - Im trying
> to work out if this is code logic or hardware

I also have a 'peculiar' board, which hangs when the OS
tries to use multiple DMA channels at the same time.
This means that I can only use one DMA channel at once,
so no floppy & sound simultaneously... There goes the
most-favorite-demo :-(

Rik.