Re: Immediate reboot during kernel init

Ben Collins (ben@excelsus.com)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 12:18:17 -0500 (EST)

For all of you ppl, that were following this:

I upgraded the bios on my TX mobo, and it solved all problems. There seems
to be (from what I was told from ppl on the list) a keyboard init problem.

Kinda funny how a major chipset can get released and no one but the ppl on
this list know about an apparent bug in the bios. The store that sold it
to me never heard of it. I called intel, but they wanted $25 to talk to me
after I had already spent $100 on there damn mobo and over $200 for their
damn CPU, a search on the net turned up nothing, and the mobo
manufacturer's website didn't say anything about a bug or any probs, just
that there was a newer bios (this was deep in there site too).

Thanks to everyone here that helped me out