Re: xconfig lossage: summary and suggestions (long)

Jim Dennis (jimd@starshine.org)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:22:51 -0800

> From: "Michael L. Galbraith" <mikeg@weiden.de>
> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, James Mastros wrote:
>
>> 5) Write menuconfig?
>> 6) Test? (I'm not certian if menuconfig is currently very useful. If you
>> want a console-based config, run config. If you want menus, use X.)
>
> I find menuconfig to be very nice, and would lament it's loss. I like
> menus, but don't like the idea of having to fire up X to have them.
>
> But then I'm not writing the code so ...
> $.02
> -Mike

Everyone I know uses menuconfig over config *and* over
xconfig. Also most of the people I know change that to
"single_menu_mode"

I would definitely hate to see it go.

--
Jim Dennis  (800) 938-4078		consulting@starshine.org