Re: GGI debate and etc.

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:35:58 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Bill Broadhurst wrote:

> Not blinded, just indifferent. I don't want GGI in the kernel
> because I don't want to waste space on my system for it's code.
> Not that space is an issue, I have many megabytes free. I just
> object to having to waste any of it just because some bimbo
> wants graphics.

It seems to me you could make the same argument for most of the stuff
Linux supports, I don't use ham or appletalk but I am willing to "waste
the space" so some other people can use it. This debate should IMHO be
based on the techical merrits of having ggi vs bot having it not on
such an outright selfish approach as I have just read.

If you don't like it and it's there don't compile it.

my .02

ps. To the rest of you I'm still not convinced either way on this.

Gerhard Mack<gmack@imag.net>

--

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.