Re: GGI, EGCS/PGCC, Kernel source

Michael Schmitz (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 17:13:06 -0500 (EST)

Wow! Linus himself ACTUALLY told me NO! WOW! Gotta save this mail to show
my kids.. Then in history class they can say 'Dad actually got a reply
from Linux once!!'.

I agree there should be that ability (to have 7 mince assoiated with one
display).. There needs to be functionality to say these input devs, output
devs, and processes are assoiated..

Just like how you can assoiate a number of block devices into a MD device,
or alises on an ethernet device.. (I'm sure there are better examples)

I dont recall anyone saying that there could only be one keyboard and
mouse per display.. If I said that, please excuse me, I didn't intend
that..

Furthermore, I dont represent the GGI people.. I just agree with them.. :)

So even if the GGI people were perposing to have a 1mouse-1kbd-1display
relationship (Which they are not! one of the goals is to make all
sorts of weird input devices work (or so I've heard)).. if it was designed
well it could be just expanded to a N*N^N relation..