More constant buzzing sound from a PS/2 mouse under Linux (2.0.33

Martin Naskovski (genie@imagesoft-technologies.com)
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 16:26:18 -0500

Hi again people, thanks for your interest in my very finicky problem. I
forgot to mention that I do not have a sound card, and what I got from
one response is that the mixer levels on Linux are set to maximum when
booted. Well, if I have no kernel sound configuration whatsoever, then
how will I disable or completely STIFLE the internal speaker which seems
to be generating this more than annoying buzz? It's still there when I
run GPM or X, and gone when I turn them off. What could POSSIBLY
Windows 95 do on that same token of handling a PS/2 mouse that Linux
cannot? (I am afraid this question might even sound stupid :))

Someone help me, 'cause I started dreaming buzzes.. There MUST be some
intricate reason why it's buzzing in Linux. Can someone provide a solve,
a program to disable totally any internal speakers I have in my Gateway
P133. It just kills me how such a halfassed OS like '95 be doing
something as stupid as eliminating a buzz and I can't do it in Linux
:~(. Thank you.

buzzed,
Martin
p.s. it even looks like that sound's coming off somewhere between my
CDROM and Floppy :-), which is probably where this internal speaker is
located in their vicinity...