Re: Sporadious hang on 2.0.3[0,1,2,3,4pre2]

Karlis Peisenieks (karlis@mt.lv)
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 10:50:19 +0200

At 09:40 AM 3/5/98 +0100, Manfred Petz wrote:
[snipped]

>I've been running 2.0.33+tcpdebug for 5 days until it crashed (sorry, I
>was in a hurry so I just rebooted the machine without inspecting it further).
>
>The machine locked up completely and filled the console with
>messages like:
>
> .... couldn't get a free skbuff ...
> .... couldn't get a free page ...
>
>There was no output from the debug-skbuff in the logs.
>
>Again, I *really* don't think that there's a hardware-related problem,
>2.0.31 and previous versions had uptimes > a month and _never_ had a
>problem.
>
>I'm running 2.0.33+tcpdebug for 1 day now, when it stops again you'll
>hear from me with a detailled report. And I hope it locks up again
>soon. But since I've found nothing in the logs after the previous
>crash, I'm not sure if it helps...

Did you compile bridging support in your kernel? I had such problems when I
had CONFIG_BRIDGE set. My machine stopped in approx. 5 hours. There were no
serios userspace progs running, just basic stuff (inetd, syslogd...).

Karlis