Re: patch for 2.1.88 net/socket.c

Bill Hawes (whawes@star.net)
Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:10:51 -0500

David S. Miller wrote:

> -extern __inline__ struct socket *sockfd_lookup(int fd, int *err)
> +extern struct socket *sockfd_lookup(int fd, int *err)
>
> Either make it inline again, or remove the 'extern' ;-) Also you
> need to propagate your changes to arch/sparc64/kernel/sys_sparc32.c as
> well, grep is your friend.

Hi David,

I usually don't venture into the arch/ directories, as I can test only on Intel
and it's too easy to accidentally break other architectures. I did take a quick
look at the sys_sparc32 code, and it seems to be very similar to the mainstream
code. Perhaps some of the routines don't need to have an arch/ version?

Regards,
Bill