Re: Strange hangs (me too!!!)

Samuli Kaski (samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi)
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 21:06:17 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Dominik Weis wrote:
> > Could somebody tell me on what motherboards it will happen. I will have to
> > use the Matrox server on a Tyan motherboard. Will I have such problems. I
> > could switch to an ASUS motherboard if that would help.
>
> I guess it's the boards with the i430TX chipset. There's a similar problem with
> S3 ViRGE/VX and some motherboards. We have problems with an ASUS i430TX and a
> Diamond Stealth 3D 3400.

Lately I have seen similiar reports - I have to stress that a ASUS
TX97-E (i430TX) and a Diamond Stealth Video VRAM 220 is rock solid with
XFree 3.3.1 (Alan's 2.0.34-pre2)

So it seems limited to some S3's...

--
Samuli Kaski, samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland.