Re: ioports doesn't list my capture card at 310 ?

Kurt Garloff (garloff@kg1.ping.de)
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 16:38:45 +0100

On Sat, Mar 07, 1998 at 02:07:41PM -0700, Robert L Harris wrote:
> I have installed an Intel Smart Video Recorder in my box. I have put it
> at 310 as well as the default of 2E4. In neither case did the system
> report it. I am running 2.1.85.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

You will only find the ioports/dma/irq listed, when you loaded a driver for
it. The driver will register the needed IO-space, DMA-channel and IRQ and
the kernel will report it, when catting /proc/...
If it's a PCI device, it will show it's resources with cat /proc/pci

--
Kurt Garloff, Dortmund
<K.Garloff@ping.de>