Re: 2.1.89 broken?

Scott Lampert (fortunato@heavymetal.org)
Mon, 09 Mar 1998 14:07:47 -0500 (EST)

On 09-Mar-98 Myrdraal wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 08, 1998 at 04:08:06PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi,
>> I would like to ask: Is 2.1.89 actually working for you?
> For what it's worth, it's working perfectly on my Cyrix 586/100.
> -Myrdraal
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
> in

It works for me on my 233MMX, however it seems to be far less
efficient than prior kernels when it comes to memory handling. It doesn't
seem to want to give up much memory from the disk cache, prefering to
stick stuff in swap first. At least those are my observations watching
the disk thrash with xosview running.

---
Scott Lampert              | Home Page: http://www.heavymetal.org
<fortunato@heavymetal.org> | PGP Key: finger fortunato@heavymetal.org