Re: sched.c change.

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@fys.ruu.nl)
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:51:47 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Jaime Fournier wrote:

> Well increasing the goodness will no doubt make the current process
> snappier.

No, it will make a non-niced process snappier when it's timeslice
isn't exhausted yet. This gives a huge advantage to modplayers,
mp3 players and other multimedia stuff that never uses it's
timeslice completely.

> But it is still a little far from making an effectivly round robin
> scheduler into a multi-level feedback scheduler with multiple queues.

It wasn't meant as such. It's just a quick hack while we're
waiting for a real scheduler replacement :-)

Rik.