Re: New Feature Idea: Compress swap file

BlueFlux (blueflux@technologist.com)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 22:26:22 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> Well you're smoking some pretty good rock if you believe harddrives based
> on alien technology are going to appear at you local fry's electronics
> anytime soon. Let me clue you in, You have to meet some aliens before you
> can appropiate their technology. Next thing you're going to tell us is
> that you're currently using heeche prayer fans instead of zip disks for
> removable media...

heh..you just owe me 50$ for repairing my monitor after i sprayed it with
dr pepper through my nose;).

Im no gullible fool, ok? I even stated in my other mail that all i think
it is, is an big promotion thing for the company;). I am not sure what i
believe in the story i saw on the other mailing list but it sounded cool
if this new harddrive realy existed or was even developed right now BUT i
dont believe the statement that it derives from UFO technology as they
said. Actually what they said was that there was an guy that came
anonymous to them with a bunch of old papers about some high tech, high
capacity storage drive and they promised they would look into it...after
that they sent the old papers to some expert who dated them(the papers) to
the mid 40's. The anonymous guy had said that they where from the area
57(?) crash in 47 soooo....=). My point is NOT that i believe it, im just
trying to recall some 'facts' from that article in some internet newspaper
someone sent to dc-stuff mailing list.

> check out:
>
> http://www.seagate.com/corp/vpr/quinta/quintop.shtml
>
> if you actaully want to see a fixed disk technlogoy that will affect you
> in 2-5 years.
>
> joelja
>
> On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, BlueFlux wrote:
[big snip...]