Re: kmod/kerneld

Myrdraal (myrdraal@jackalz.dyn.ml.org)
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:06:20 -0500

On Wed, Mar 11, 1998 at 03:25:11PM -0400, Garst R. Reese wrote:
Hi,
> What do I do with /sbin/kerneld.
> At present, my rc.S script tests for its presence, and does things if it
> is present.
Well, what I did was just comment that part out of my startup scripts.
> My backup boot is 2.0.33 via dos and lodlin, so I can't just get rid of
> it.
You could make it check uname or something to see if it's 2.0.33 and if so
run kerneld, otherwise don't.
> Also, where in the start up scripts should the echos in kmod.txt go?
> If these scripts need to test the kernel version, how do I do that?
Well, the defaults are probably okay, but if you want to change them, I'd
stick that stuff in the place that your system would normally run kerneld.
-Myrdraal