Re: not enough memory

Alistair Riddell (alistair@watsons.edin.sch.uk)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 17:32:38 +0000 (GMT)

Memory which is not otherwise in use is used to buffer disk access. This
results in much greater performance than reading/writing to the disk
synchronously. Unless you know exactly what you are doing then there isn't
really any reason to turn off this feature.

--
Alistair Riddell - BOFH
IT Support Department, George Watson's College, Edinburgh