Re: [OFFTOPIC]: Linux is losing to Macs in the RC5 effort!

Itai Nahshon (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:16:06 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 March 1998, at 22 h 41, the keyboard of Perry Harrington
> <pedward@sun4.apsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > For all those who care. The Mac RC5 effort is pumping out double
> > the keys per second that the Linux group is.
>
> If the RC5 people still don't distribute the sources for stupid
> pseudo-security reasons, like they did in the past, no wonder the Linux
> people are using their CPU for other things, less spectacular, like the
> Mersenne search <http://www.mersenne.org/>.

I second this thought.. I'm sure there is already someone out there
running software to spam distributed.net, just beause those jerks (and
they are.. :) I've got IRC logs to prove it) think they can get security
by keeping closed source.