Re: procfs pre-2.1.90-2 Oops, bug in proc_delete_dentry or proc_delete_inode or something , similar

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 21:36:25 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Matthew Kirkwood wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
>
>> I am able to reproduce the Oops in several manners. I simply insmod a
>> module that create a bit complex proc directory (for example parport_pc),
>> then I chdir to it and remove and insmod again the module while I joke
>> with chdir and ls.
>
>It's easier than that:
>
> rm -rf /proc
>
>does the trick just fine :-)

With the difference that this can be run only by root. loading/unloading a
module can be done by kmod as well and an user can walk on /proc in the
meantime.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli