Re: 2.1.89 doesn't compile

Steve Davies (steve@one47.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:32:09 -0000

Steven,

The usual cause for this is when the directories in the patch file do not match the tree being patched. AFAIK, for the default -p0 to work correctly, the paths in the patch file relating to "OLD" or "Original" location must match exactly the paths in the source tree being patched. For the linux kernel, this means that the root of your tree must be called ./linux, and not something like ./linux-2.1.89.

Other than that I've never had a problem.

Hope this helps,
Steve