Re: Possible hardware failure? Cryptic kernel messages...

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 14:21:38 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Noah Beck wrote:
>
> > I've never seen those sorts of errors without bad hardware present.
> > I would:
>
> Well, it was a brand new drive in my case. It looks like it starts doing
> it under heavy activity and once it gets into that state, nothing will
> clear it except a hard power cycle. The reset button will not even clear
> the fault in the drive.

Get a program to check the hd (from the manufacturer's web site usually) to
make sure there isn't something wrong with the drive. I had a drive that
did the same thing but was replaced as soon as I called tech support.

--
Gerhard Mack
gmack@imag.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.