Re: Where is the PCI cleanup ??

Linux Lists (lists@cyclades.com)
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:18:48 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago (~2-3 weeks) I downloaded 2.1.89 to get a copy
> of the PCI device and vendor list. It had the new(ie lspci)-style PCI
> handling. As I recall, the new code is available as a configuration
> option.
>
> Have you looked in config/menuconfig/xconfig for the option?

You may be talking about the /proc/pci backwards compatibility. I'm
talking about driver/system level changes, such as the use of pci_present
and pci_find_device instead of pcibios_present and pcibios_find_device,
as well as the read of IRQ and memory address settings from the
corresponding pci_dev structure instead of by means of
pcibios_read_config_(byte|word|dword) functions.

It's very easy to detect that his patch is not included in the kernel yet:
just look for the file Documentation/pci.txt from the beginning of the
Linux src tree. If the file is not there, the patch is not either.

Does somebody else have any other info ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ivan Passos