Re: 2.1.90-pre2 error: Scheduling from interspt

Adam Heath (adam.heath@usa.net)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 05:54:08 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Marcus Berglund wrote:

> I know that pre2 is no longer current, but if this problem hasn't been
> encountered, then I thought this info maybe handy...
>
> Just 5 mins ago I had 2.1.90-pre2 die in a really big way, I was on the
> internet via ethernet, an rc5-64 client was running, an rlogin to my
> router and lynx going, I hit 'd' to download a file, my screen suddenly
> filled with _a lot_ of errors (I vaguely saw a couple of memory address go
> by and then the screen filled with 'Scheduling from interspt' and the
> system froze solid, it even turned off the numlock on my keyboard, SysRq
> didn't work, and nither did the three finger salute, the keyboard
> seemed to be dead, and no log entries, and there wasn't even the hint of
> filesystem corruption that you might normally see, which may mean
> nothing... And there was also an SMB filesystem mounted, but the
> host computer was turned off, but I wasn't trying to access the drive.
>
> The machine in question is a P166 on a GA-586ATM/P M/B, 56Mb RAM,
> AHA-2940U, SCSI & IDE drives.

I had the same problem yesterday. Had been on the internet. 6 bash'es
running. rc5-64. Mirror, tcpdump, pppstats running only when
connected. Logged off from the internet. Editing a file with ae. All of a
sudden my screen filled up and contiously displayed errors(couldn't read as it
was going to fast). I then switched to tty12(where syslog dumps everything),
and I got "Scheduling from interrupt."

P166MMX, 32MB, 2 raid0 partitions on 3 ide hard drives. No scsi, ne2000 up,
but not connected to anything, triton ii mb.

I was also running my screen at 180x80, if that makes a difference.

Adam