Re: SCSI deadlock

MOLNAR Ingo (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:07:17 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> Anyone has enough time to look at all cli/sti/restore_flags in at
> least generic scsi + generic block device layer? I won't be able to
> fix this in the next two weeks at least.
>
> I thought Ingo posted a patch which took care of most of it?

the fixes are in 2.1.90 now. I have a quite complex SCSI setup, and i've
been running with the NMI watchdog that also checks for the above cli/sti
bug (and other spinlock bugs), and i saw no problems so far. Any SCSI
lockup with 2.1.90 should thus be considered a major bug, mail me and i
get it fixed ASAP.

-- mingo