Re: Finding mysterious 2.0.33 crashes

Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:44:43 +0000 (GMT)

> I cc'ed your this response to the linux kernel mailing list. Maybe somebody
> there can help you. My problems still aren't solved and I am not sure they
> are identical to yours. I am not a kernel expert, but there are some comments

syslogd hanging is not a kernel issue if all you are seeing is syslogd getting
bored of logging messages. Thats not to say its not important, but the
package maintainers, and if you are running authentic redhat then
bugs@redhat.com are better places to try.

Now if I misread it and its hanging the box Im very interested ..