Re: Why is NFS so slow??

Greg Alexander (galexand@sietch.bloomington.in.us)
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 21:17:13 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> In theory NFS can be run over TCP connections, but I'm not sure that
> Linux supports it yet.

Just figured I'd point out that mount -o tcp nfs-server:/point mountpoint
works.

Greg Alexander - also <gralexan@indiana.edu> - http://sietch.home.ml.org/
----
I think you bipeds have a catchphrase for it: "To thine own self be true,
..." though like a blind man's shadow, the second half is only there for
those who know it's missing. Merely a dog, I'll tell you what it is: "...
as if you had a choice."
-- William Mathews in "Homer's Seeing-Eye Dog"