Re: more memory => zombies and high load

Pawel S. Veselov (vps@phoenix.math.spbu.ru)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 01:06:32 +0300 (MSK)

Hello, Alan!

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

>> 1) I've found a lot of zombies processes ( uptime is small enough, and
>> nothing "non-standart" was happened )
>Any oopses in the syslog ? Also if you have a TX chipset going over 64Mb
>slows your box down

Nope. Pair xmit_timer <= 0 - timer:2 when:bfe38a6f and that's all.
Chipset - 82430 VX... Actually, after playing around for a while, found out,
that ALL processes are becoming zombies ... :( Including login and so, I can't
ever relogin on a tty because of that :(

Bye.

--
There is much Obi-Wan did not tell you.
		-- Darth Vader

--
    With best of best regards, Pawel S. Veselov (aka Black Angel)
                   Internet e-mail : vps@mindless.com