Re: more memory => zombies and high load

Pawel S. Veselov (vps@phoenix.math.spbu.ru)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 02:20:57 +0300 (MSK)

Hello, Benjamin!

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Benjamin C.R. LaHaise wrote:

>> Nope. Pair xmit_timer <= 0 - timer:2 when:bfe38a6f and that's all.
>> Chipset - 82430 VX... Actually, after playing around for a while, found out,
>> that ALL processes are becoming zombies ... :( Including login and so, I can't
>> ever relogin on a tty because of that :(
>
>Sounds like init got killed, probably because of memory fragmentation. If
>that's the case, just hold tight a wee bit (patches are coming) and play
>with the vm settings a bit.

Yep. The most probable. I was unable to change runlevel to reboot/shutdown ...

Bye.

--
Seek simplicity -- and distrust it.
		-- Alfred North Whitehead

--
    With best of best regards, Pawel S. Veselov (aka Black Angel)
                   Internet e-mail : vps@mindless.com