Re: NETBEUI support?

Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:28:19 -0500 (EST)

On 24 Mar 1998, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Followup to: <Pine.LNX.3.95.980323193447.392B-100000@chaos.analogic.com>
> By author: "Richard B. Johnson" <root@chaos.analogic.com>
> In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
> >
> > Since we have fiber for a backbone, we had to buy a lot of smart bridges
> > to isolate the stuff. The Micro$worms insist upon "connectivity", you
> > know.
> >

> The best solution is to run TCP/IP (or SPX/IPX if you prefer) on the
> Windoze boxes and just ban NetBEUI from the network.

Absolutely! The original thread started with a request for NetBEUI
support and I told the writer to get rid of NetBEUI. Other _working_
protocols are available in Windoze boxes now.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.90 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).