Re: what does /proc/sys/kernel/inode-nr represent?

Liem Bahneman (roland@cobaltgroup.com)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 07:40:57 -0800 (PST)

It's a 40G RAID5 array (DPT hardware) composed of 10 4.5G disks.

Large web server (810 virtual domains)...

no msdos stuff going on, though I do have the support enabled...

its now looking like this:

% cat /proc/sys/kernel/inode-*
131072
93568 93186

I noticed that rsync caused it to rise quite a bit (I do a nightly rsync
of the files on the disk, 1.1million file), about 50k are actually
updated/copied per night. But inode-nr never seems to decrease.

- liem