Re: ESC [12m

Craig B Agricola (agricolc@btv.ibm.com)
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:05:39 -0500

Hi Riley,

ESC[<n>m is the code on a vt100 capable terminal to set the graphic rendition.
For <n> between 10 and 17, it is supposed to change fonts, so ESC[12m probably
changed the font of your terminal to something that looks like gibberish.
The simplest solutions are 1) use the reset command; it can often right a messed
up terminal, 2) try the escape sequence ESC[10m, which is most likely going to
change to the default font of the terminal.

-Craig

--
 Craig B. Agricola    W: (802) 769-4636
  Work Related Email: agricolc@btv.ibm.com