Re: 2.1.91: Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!

David Burrows (snadge@gemcorp.com.au)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:29:46 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Aron Griffis wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Dietmar Kling wrote:
>
> > this happens with a linux 2.1.91 acting as router (IP-Masqu)
> > (This happened also with pre-patch 2.1.91-1)
>
> I got a similar oops when using masquerading under 2.1.91. I haven't
> extensively researched it yet, but the oops and ksymoops output follow.
> It seemed to be triggered when I was using the ip_masq_ftp module, but I'm
> not certain that's the cause. Hard lock except for SysRq. Attempts to
> sync or unmount met further oopses.

[oops snipped]

I, and at least one other person, can verify that its definately the
ip_masq_ftp module that triggers it.. I also traced the crash to the
checksum routine.. hmmm.. I wonder if its been fixed already.. <g>

Dave.