Re: ttyS1 hangs, cua1 works fine

Harald Koenig (koenig@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 14:25:48 +0200

On Mar 30, Gert Doering wrote:

> Harald Koenig wrote:
>
> >> -parenb -parodd cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal crtscts
> > ^^^^^^^
> >clocal is set, that's needed to get hardware handshake (crtscts).
>
> You're sure? I thought it was only necessary [on Linux!] to enable SIGHUP
> when DCD drops, unlike SCO, where CRTSFL only works if CLOCAL is clear.

I only know it from RTFM: `man 1 stty' :

[-]clocal
Disable modem control signals.

haven't checked the kernel source details. maybe the FM is wrong ?!

or are RTS/CTS (hardware handshake) no modem _control_ signals?

Harald

--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\