Re: gpm Ugh

George (greerga@nidhogg.ham.muohio.edu)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:25:12 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Gerhard Mack wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, George wrote:
>
>> Switching out of X under 2.1.91 SMP while doing a 'make -j5' on GIMP causes
>> an Ugh by 'gpm' usually. (Average usage caused 4 Ughs in 2 hours.)
>>
>> -George
>
> How much ram is on your system? And what on type of hardware ?

Dual Pentium 133, 64 MB of EDO RAM (32 MB Swap), 956 MB Maxtor EIDE drive,
serial mouse, Tyan Tomcat IV HX, and Cirrus Logic GD 5430 PCI video card.

It compiled 70 kernels w/o sig11 (while under a load average of > 8 from
all the other garbage I was beating the machine with) so the hardware
appears to work just fine.

The other message I sent yesterday should show where the Ugh came from...

.config available at http://nidhogg.ham.muohio.edu/~greerga/.config

-George