Re: CDDA related bugs in 2.1.9x?

Erik Andersen (andersee@debian.org)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 03:29:24 -0700

On Sun, Mar 29, 1998 at 12:01:41PM +0200, branemyr@swipnet.se wrote:
> At 12:53 1998-03-26 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >If there are _any_ cdrom errors in the kernel, I want to squash them
> >before 2.2 gets released. Right now, I know of:
> >
> > 1) cdu31a driver -- bugs reported with playing audio (details wanted)
> > ( I am working on acquiring one of these. Anybody
> > know where docs can be found?)
>
> I was the one who reported the cdu31a bug with playing cdaudio. Please let me
> know what details you want to know.
>
> /Kristoffer

Well, so far all I know is that your cdu31a drive reported:

Params: 3 0 2 0 45 1 60
Sony CDROM error illegal parameter (CDROMPLAYTRKIND)

When _exactly_ does this occur, whn pressing "PLAY"? Does any audio
play at all? As much additional info as possible would be helpful.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org