Re: Lost keypresses [was Re: GGI and cli/sti in X]

Harald Koenig (koenig@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:26:17 +0200

On Apr 01, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I've forwarded your mail to XFree86 developers to get more comments...
>
> Talking about XFree since the OpenGroup sneaked their X11R6.4 is not free
> announcement [http://www.camb.opengroup.org/tech/desktop/ordering/x.price.list.htm]
> about an hour after the giant Mozilla release had everyone looking elsewhere
> would the XFree people finally care to explain what they intend to do about
> it, and if they are going the 11R6.4 route to ask them to contribute their
> X11R6 changes like the new XAA code to a new 'ReallyXFree' project.

why do you think XFree86 is not `ReallyXFree' (so that you need this `new project')?

> The fact XFree people are saying even _less_ than the Opengroup guys is
> extremely disturbing

not talking for XFree86, but only for myself:

Alan, can you image that it might be pretty bad to impossible to comment on
licence terms which haven't been released yet, and which might not
even have been known to us in all details before that release just now ?

the fact that your wording sounds a bit negative at least to me (might be
a result of not being native speaker/listener -- then sorry about that)
even before asking XFree86 directly is at least a bit disturbing for me too :-(

Harald

--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\