Re: Linux-2.1.92 - Feature Freeze

Benjamin Redelings I (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 23:45:52 -0500 (EST)

Perhaps because people tend to feel that the simplest solution is
frequently the best.. :)

However, after finding the initrd docs (bad me for not liking something I
know so littly about).. It does seem to be rather good..

Perhaps there needs to be an initrd howto.. The kernel docs are good (but
are a *little* bit out of data), however, they do not cover the actualy
use of initrd.. I'd like to know how redhat uses them in rh5.. I cant find
it anyplace.. :)

I really started with Linux with v.9x.. The boot process has never changed
much.. I guess this is a bit of a jump and I'm being an idot and fighting
change..

Please excuse me..

Gregory Maxwell