Re: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

Marek Habersack (grendel@vip.maestro.com.pl)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 02:05:21 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> > test like "x11perf --all" ?
> > No problem overloading, but staying in, X ?
> > (i.e. RAM *really* OK ?)
>
> Ram is fine, I've checked it, with 16 mb of ram I could
> easally crash the system by changing consoles several times.
> cards were:
>
> 1 ATI 16 bit forget what kind and I gave it away
> 2 S3 trio64v+
> 3 ATI mach64
>
> All had 1 mb ram
>
> the system is a Pentium 120
> Problems showed up with 16 mb ram
> the chipset is intel.
With S3 ViRGE DX 2MB, AMD K6 166, 64MB RAM and the Triton chipset I can switch
X -> text -> X as many times as I want and no crash occurs. The only thing
that crashes is Netscape Communicator 4.04 ;-)

l8r, marek

---
If a guru falls in the forrest with no one to hear him, was he really a guru
at all?
         Strange de Jim, "The Metasexuals"