Re: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

Marek Habersack (grendel@vip.maestro.com.pl)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 02:17:04 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Christophe Dupre wrote:

> > > will be running Linux). I hope this world has enough common sense to
> > > defend itself from the braindamage of Micro$oft...
> >
> > An Alpha? A _PCI_ Alpha? One which takes the same video cards as a PC?
>

> May I point out that even tough both architecture share the same bus
> architecture (PCI), I doubt that a graphic card designed for Win98 will work
> on an Alpha. So there will always have sane PCI cards designed for alphas.
Exactly my point!! The *Windows* accelerators implement the M$ GUI APIs in the
hardware or require the winblows GUI software to run appropriately. Same
applies to WinModems and perhaps other hardware. I doubt anyone except
Micro$oft will implement their GUI API on their architectures.

l8r, marek

---
If a guru falls in the forrest with no one to hear him, was he really a guru
at all?
         Strange de Jim, "The Metasexuals"