Re: 2.1.91 died in the night

George Bonser (grep@oriole.sbay.org)
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:50:54 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I was wondering if it was swapping to death. BTW, I freed up some RAM
on the little system and a compile has advanced much further than it ever
has before. It is running 2.0.92-pre1. It sure looks like things can get
swapped out while they are in use if memory is tight causing things to
crash. Does your system do anything particularly intesive like a news
expire in the night?

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Nicolai Langfeldt wrote:

> George Bonser <grep@oriole.sbay.org> tastet:
> > Did you happen to notice if the disk was active when you reset it?
>
> I didn't notice the light, but the disk was not active at all.
> But normaly it's very quiet when it's not being used (since it's
> in my bedroom and on all the time...).
>
> Nicolai

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org