Re: Mach syscalls on Linux/Alpha.

Richard Henderson (rth@dot.cygnus.com)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:39:55 -0800

On Thu, Apr 02, 1998 at 10:41:34AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > the Acrobat Reader for DU4.0 uses pthreads, which use syscalls
> > with negative numbers, i.e. nxm_task_init #-33:
>
> Duh. I've never seen one of those before, but I guess it had to happen
> eventually.

It's more complicated than that. When poking around looking for what
DU does for posix.1b, I found numbers like 0xff64 and whatnot.

I sent a message off to Maddog asking for the complete list of new
syscalls, since they don't appear in /usr/include/syscall.h. I recall
that he forwarded the message off to someone in the DU group but I
never got a response.

r~