Re: Patch to make 2.1.92 function for me. [slow printk()]

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 22:35:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Myrdraal wrote:

>Hi,
> This is the patch I came up with so that 2.1.92 would work with my
> modules, and not print out that annoying "raising capabilities" message.

These printk are not only annoying, but make my machine unusable since
every printk need some msec to run. All printk are really really slow and
are making conflicts with the mouse (I had to restart gpm every time I see
a printk on the console that is not catched by klogd). I am running an
_SMP_ kernel on a _not_ SMP.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli