Re: boot from zip drive?

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:56:11 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Brian Gerst wrote:

> My SCSI Zip (internal) can go on any SCSI id, not just 5 or 6. Not sure
> about the external SCSI zip or Zip Plus in SCSI mode. Unfortunately my
> SCSI card doesn't have a bootable BIOS (adaptec 2910).

I played with one of these many months ago. The internal SCSI zip has no
documented setting for ID 0. I don't think I was able to convince it to
be 0 even with all ID jumpers off. If you can tell your SCSI card to boot
from ID 1, it might work...but at the time, all I had to test with was NCR
810's which aren't too flexible.