Re: kmod freezes

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 17:46:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Tim Waugh wrote:

>I don't believe that preventing that configuration in the first place is
>an answer, because maybe one day we'll have the printer driver trying to
>set itself up with a lowlevel parport driver each time an open() is done
>on an lp device if it failed at initialisation time.

I agree with you, kmod must be fixed to handle that.

BTW, there is another annoying bug: if I don' t add this line:

post-install parport modprobe -k parport_lowlevel

to /etc/conf.modules, parport_pc is not loaded at it should be. This
workaround change also the time when parport_pc is loaded and don' t work
in a configuration of CONFIG_PARPORT=y CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m and
CONFIG_PRINTER=m.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli