Re: GGI Project Unhappy On Linux

Ragnar Hojland Espinosa (root@lightside.ddns.org)
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 02:45:50 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Jari Soderholm wrote:

> Okey X has XAA
> What is XAA , It is not X windows , It is Graphics Device Driver.
>
> So one has to start X to use Graphics Device Driver.

One has to start X to use XGGI too. I'd like to mention that

X = portable, network-transparent window system
XF86_* = X Window System Servers for UNIX on x86 platforms

So X is not the equivalent of, say, svgalib, and what's being discussed
here isn't X really, but it's graphic servers. Or that should be it, IMO.

____/| Ragnar Hojland (tech.support@redestb.es) Fingerprint 94C4B
\ o.O| 2F0D27DE025BE2302C
=(_)= "Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer for 104B78C56 B72F0822
U chaos and madness await thee at its end." hkp://keys.pgp.com