Re: [patch] SMP boot hang fixed, io-apic-2.1.92-A

Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech-lists@twilight.ucw.cz)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 01:25:49 +0200

On Thu, Apr 02, 1998 at 02:55:03PM -0500, Joseph Fisk wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Robert HYATT wrote:
>
> > one quick question:
> >
> > I am getting a *bunch* of "raising capabilities on 'sh'(pid....) type
> > messages. On everything I do. What's producing this and what do I
> > do to turn it off? Makes big "makes" miserable to watch... :)
>
> I see the same thing.

I guess everyone does. It's a debug message that can be deleted, as stated
before.

> Also, text output is really slow (like.. DOS
> speed!). Things seem to be a bit slower overall, too. And the mouse in X
> is messed up.

It seems like the console output is sent to the first serial port as well
as the console by default? I think that would explain the slowiness and
erratic mouse bahavior.

Vojtech