Re: knfsd rejects everyone on SparcLinux 2.1.89

Anders Hammarquist (iko@netg.se)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:57:33 +0200

Cyrille Chepelov <chepelov@rip.ens-cachan.fr> writes:

[troubles with knfs on sparc]

>I have no convenient access to a i386 PC I could recompile Linux on, to
>check whether this problem is specific or not. Has anyone succesfully used
>the knfsd on recent kernel, on any platform ?

I'm running the kernel nfs server successfully on both alpha and i386
(latest kernels, 2.1.90 and 2.1.88 respectively). I'll compile a 2.1
kernel for sparc and see if I can get it going on there as well.

Meanwhile, do you get anything in the syslog when you get the failures
(either from nfsd or mountd)? If you could send them to me and/or post
the syslog messages perhaps I can figure out what's going on.

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40