Re: kmod freezes

Andrea Arcangeli (arcangeli@mbox.queen.it)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 00:38:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, CD323 wrote:

>ok, again - running Greg Zornetzer's patch to kmod (which enables the
>routine) *should* fix this. if this is the "workaround" you mention in
>your mail above, please explain the "bugginess" further; i'm not sure
>i follow you or understand why kmod is to blame for the bugginess.

Excuse me, I should quote the older messages. The workaround I was
referring was to add some line to conf.modules to make working the current
kmod in 2.1.92. If the patch work it' s not a workaround. I hope to see it
in the official kernel (at least to avoid people reporting parport bug
;-).

>i've got kmod running on a 2.1.92 machine with greg's patch and it's
>just fine.

Well, thanks Greg.

Andrea[s] Arcangeli