Re: [patch] SMP boot hang fixed, io-apic-2.1.92-A

Joseph Fisk (joe@mdmbkr.chillin.org)
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:32:52 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Robert HYATT wrote:

> I see no mouse problems, *unless* load the machine with a 4-thread
> process. Then the mouse is *very* slow for some reason...

Under 2.1.92 it didn't work right, like there was something wrong with the
hardware itself. Under 2.1.91 it's fine until I start loading down the
machine, then it gets jumpy.

> also M. Ingo said that a new 2.1.92 source was put on the
> kernel machine with this fixed...

OK, what about the super-slow-text-output problem? Have you noticed how
slow the boot messages scroll, for example?

Joseph