Re: WLinux -> Subverting Windows by making Linux available to MS users

RHS (bldr@concentric.net)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 14:48:54 -0400

I don't often reply to this list as I'm unable to program and often don't
understand much about what is said here. I do however find solutions to
some problems and enjoy the banter that I read from the Linux lists.
I do know marketing however. If you want to conquer your enemy you don't
sleep in
his tent. You'll find a knife in your back in the morning. Instead you meet
him at his weak points. Make them your strong points and carry the day.
At this time it is not
good for Linux to ride under windows. We need to build more momemtum first
and then deal from strength. Otherwise you may find that the MS dollar has
bought your
bed, your tent, and the ground you pitch it on. Exposure is what the
momemtum is
building to now. Let it keep going awhile.
Mike Zelkowski
bldr@concentric.net
----------
> From: Stephen D. Williams <sdw@lig.net>
> To: Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com>
> Cc: bryan@terran.org; sdw@lig.net; linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: Re: WLinux -> Subverting Windows by making Linux available to MS
users
> Date: Monday, April 06, 1998 9:46 AM
>
> > B. James Phillippe <bryan@terran.org> wrote:
> > > Your motive is commendable, but I'll pose the argument that this may
> > > actually harm the promotion of Linux more than it helps. If some
> > > dumbed-down version of a Linux-lookalike is able to limp within
Windows,