[Pigdog] [offtopic] Re: CocaCola not really a secret

Eugene Leitl (eugene@liposome.genebee.msu.su)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:52:01 +0400 (MSD)

MOLNAR Ingo writes:

> themselves, it's de-cocained coca-leaves and tropic oils, 17 ingredients
> altogether. And sugar and coffeine. The 'secret' is just a way to hide
> those ridiculous profit margins ...

Around 1905 or so the Coca Cola was not decocained (this was the same
time doctors prescribed opium against coughs). I think the Cola
part in it refers to the African cola nut. The ingridients may not be
secret, but the process is. And of course it's marketing.

ciao,
'gene