Re: Plug & Pray...

allspeed (allspeed@allspeeds.net)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 08:12:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Gerhard Mack wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, allspeed wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Riley Williams wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there.

> > > It's not the mouse that claims to be PnP, but the MAT on which one
> > > uses it. If you can advise me what drivers I need to use with that to
> > > get it working, I'd much appreciate it 8-)))
> > >
> > > Best wishes from Riley.
> > >
> > no i'm using a standard type of mouse but try to find a dos or winshit
> > driver then initialize the mat with it then hit ctrl-alt-del then reload
> > with linux if it detects the mat you will have to do this every time you
> > reset the computer if not check if the connection is correct most of my
> > pnp material are detected with linux except my sound card
>
> Wouldn't loadlin.exe be easier then control-alt-del? Ath least that way
> you can make it automatic and lass aggravating.

i don't want to start linux under dos when i boot under dos it's just to
initialize the sound the after that who cares about dos or win95..

and i'm doing it about once every two mount if i happen to turn off the
computer tu change some parts else i don't..

and when your doing it from dos prompt no dammage is cause by
control-alt-del